New from Summit – Roadster Shop SPEC Series Chassis Kits for Chevy Trucks. These kits provide modern handling and ride comfort without the hassle of upgrading decades-old underpinnings. See more details below.
Make your next 1960-87 Chevy C10 project better — and easier to build — with a Roadster Shop SPEC Chassis Kit. The Roadster Shop used its 25 years of building custom chassis to create kits that provide modern handling and ride comfort without the hassle of upgrading decades-old underpinnings. A SPEC kit might even save you money compared to the cost of parts and labor needed to whip an old chassis into shape.
All Roadster Shop SPEC Series kits are designed to deliver an aggressive 4.5 to 5 inch ride height—no need to cut, C-notch, or step your original frame and worry about keeping everything square. If you choose the air bag suspension option, you’ll be able to lay frame using a 29 inch-tall tire.
Each kit has a full-perimeter TIG-welded frame with precision CNC laser-cut and contoured frame rails. That makes them stronger and lighter than mandrel-bent tubing frames with no kinks, bends, or stress areas. A more rigid frame means your suspension will work better, too.
- Accommodates mini-tubs and wheels up to 12 inches wide
- CNC-located factory body, bumper, and core support mounts for a true bolt-on installation
- Crossmembers and chassis bracing will accommodate 3-inch exhaust systems
- Adjustable drop-out transmission mount
- Choice of engine mounts for small block Chevy, big block Chevy, and GM LS