Almost every classic car enthusiast has owned at least one vehicle that came with a mobile Jacuzzi of rusty water under the spare tire in the trunk. Worn trunk seals are the bane of ’60s muscle cars. Whether it was by design from the auto manufacturers as a disposable car under planned obsolesce or simply lack of manufacturing technology and materials at the time, trunk and door seals deteriorated quickly. Steele Rubber Products has the answer.
Steele Rubber Products pick up where the OE manufacturers left off. The company’s Peel-N-Stick weatherstrips have become very popular with the do-it-yourself enthusiasts. When you combine the ease of installation with Steele Rubber Products’ quality manufactured weatherstrip, you end up with a line of products that are a staple for home car restoration builders.
“Weatherstripping is an important part of sealing and protecting any vehicle- new or old. With the addition of the 3M Peel-N-Stick backing, we’ve made installation easy for our customers doing these projects at home,” said Danny Agosta, Sr. Manager of Marketing and Sales at Steele Rubber Products. “These are not simply universal seals; they’re made just like the originals found on the vehicle. However, now installation is possible without messy adhesive. We have the option so our customers can choose- the traditional glue-on or the Peel-N-Stick.”
Currently, this is the company’s lineup of Peel-N-Stick trunk weatherstrips:
- 20-2858-WT Fits 1965-1970 Ford Mustang / Mercury Cougar
- 70-2835-WT Fits 1960-1963 Ford Fairlane / Mercury Monterey / Lincoln Continental
- 70-0773-WT 1957-1976 GM Full-Size Cars
- 70-0774-WT 1961-1967 GM Mid-Size Cars
- 20-1389-WT 1952-1960 Ford Mid-Size Cars
- 70-1690-WT 1941-1950 Packard Cars
- 70-1691-WT 1936-1956 MOPAR Cars
Features and Benefits:
- Designed from factory originals.
- Easy to install 3M Peel-N-Stick backing provides superior adhesion for reliable performance.
- Made from superior grade, 100% EPDM sponge rubber extrusion designed to last. Will not fade, shrink or crack.
- Backed by a 100 percent Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Made in the USA at Steele Rubber’s factory in Denver, North Carolina.
For more information, visit them online at www.steelerubber.com or contact them directly at 1-800-230-8101.