If you plan on attending any one event this year, make sure it’s the Street Machine & Muscle Car Nationals. Saturday and Sunday (March 12th and 13th) marks its third annual showing, and it’s geared up to be the best show yet.
Although it’s home is Pomona, California, the event is in no way exclusively local. Hosted by O’Reilly Auto Parts, the car show is of a national scale and invites anyone from anywhere who loves muscle cars to come join the fun.
Whether you’re spectating or throwing your own car in the mix, you can look forward to the refreshing diversity that Street Machine & Muscle Car Nationals welcomes. Anything from straight-up muscle cars and street machines, to pro-touring and pro-street cars, to wild street trucks are invited. The show also celebrates a vast variety of eras, taking machines in these categories of every make, model, and year.
Per the event website, here are the highlights of the show:
- NEW! Street Machine Challenge: This contest showcases the braking, handling, and horsepower-generating abilities of top cars on the Stop Box, Dyno & Autocross – with one reigning Best Above The Rest. Think your car can compete against the best? Check out the rules and register today!
- NEW! Pro Builder Face-Off Invitational: By invitation only, professional car builders will have their top custom creations on display to compete for cash awards and the title of Pro Builder Of The Year.
- NEW! Stop Box: Testing a combination of acceleration and braking performed in 150 feet.
- NEW! 7 Generations of Corvettes Exhibit: Celebrating 60+ years of performance car history. Building 4 will host an exhibit showcasing stunners from each of the 7 Corvette generations in a special exhibit.
- DYNO Challenge: Test your torque and horsepower against the rest!
- Test & tune on the autocross brought to you by Wilwood and Total Cost Involved: A driving skills challenge course with tight turns and tough competition
- Smokin’ Tires and Burnin’ Rubber in the Coker Tire Burnout Contests both Saturday & Sunday
- Cruise Lanes will be open for all-day, all-weekend cruising for outdoor cars. Fans will see a parade of cars cruising the show all weekend.
- Show Car Alley: 1,000+ muscle cars, street machines and more on display with 40+ Pro-Judged Show Car Awards including Editor’s Choice Awards
- Shelby Exhibit: Original Cobras, GT 350s and various Shelby models many in “survivor” and 100-point restoration condition
- Overhaulin’ Car Exhibit: Check out cars that were flipped by Chip Foose on TV’s “Overhaulin'”
- CASH PRIZE! Miss Street Machine Nationals Trophy Girl Contest
- Performance Midway: Vendors will be on hand with products & services on display
- National Media Coverage from Gear Heads 4 Life, Power & Performance News, Street Rod Life Magazine, Street Machine Gear Guide, Rodding Revolutions and Street Muscle
- Live Music by Catch A Wave (Beach Boys tribute) Saturday and Paperback Writer (Beatles tribute) on Sunday at the Comp Cams main stage
Be sure to check out the Street Machine Nationals website to find ticket and registration prices. Street Muscle will also be at the event, taking in the action on both days. If you’ll be there, hunt us down – we’d love to talk cars!