Engine cooling is always a priority with hot rod and muscle car owners. To assist with cooling issues where space is limited, Proform Parts has developed a line of patented Slim-Fit Radiators for GM and Ford applications, along with some universal kits.
Proform Parts’ Marketing Manager, Ryan Salata, explained how the company’s slim-fit radiator kits “included everything you need. From fans, shrouds, core, thermostat, to the wire bundle.” According to Salata, “These kits are retailing right now for around $850.”
Typically at the SEMA trade show, many companies display wares that will not be available until the first quarter of the following year. That is not the case with Proform’s Slim-Fit Radiator kits. “These are available now,” Salata assured us.
“Our integrated four-corner design — which is unlike any other radiator — is the first of its kind in the aftermarket,” he added. “They are defined by sleek angles, eye-catching perforations, and an exclusively designed slant-edge cap, these radiators not only look great, but also define a well put together engine bay.” All this in an unthinkable, but amazing four-inch-thick unit.
Features and Benefits:
- Thinnest radiator/shroud/fan combination in its class. Under 4 inches in critical areas
- TIG-welded aluminum construction with a natural finish
- Lighter and more efficient than conventional OE-radiator combinations
- Hybrid dual 1-inch tubes and core-wide extruded tube core
- Single-pass flow design
- 100-percent fabricated aluminum tanks compatible with all coolants
- Direct-fit, LS conversion, V8 conversion, and universal models available
- OE inlet/outlet size and location for easy installation
- Billet aluminum filler neck with high-capacity, anti-corrosion overflow tube
- Five-plate coolers for automatic transmission applications
According to Salata, the Slim-Fit Radiator system was in development for more than three years. The highlight of the fully integrated system is its four-inch thickness, achieved by incorporating the fan motor, which is directly mounted into the radiator’s core, instead of hanging on the outside of the shroud. He also claimed the new Slim-Fit Radiators offer up to 40-percent space savings over the other brands. It’s recommended for engines up to 600 horsepower.
Proform’s Slim-Fit Radiators are available in direct fit, conversion, and universal models. For more information on these, or the other fine products from Proform, visit them online at www.proformparts.com.