Livernois Is Selling the World’s First 9-Second Camaro ZL1
Since the ZL1 finally hit the streets this past spring, we’ve been able to report on a steady stream of “firsts” for the most powerful Camaro ever. As impressive as all the car’s accomplishments have been thus far, our favorite first still comes from our buddies at Livernois Motorsports – who were the first to put a ZL1 into the single digits on the drag strip. Back in early May, the guys at Livernois took their 700-plus horsepower ZL1 to Milan Dragway, in Central Michigan, and laid down a smoldering 9.87 at 142.42 MPH on slicks.
Livernois recently contacted us and let us know that they are now looking to send the 9-Second ZL1 on to another home, to make room in their shop for even more new projects. So, the car is officially now for sale. In addition to all the great standard features of the ZL1 like Magnetic Ride Control and Brembo brakes, the Livernois ZL1 will be sold with all the go-fast goodies that helped it rocket to that 9-second ET. The highlights of the car’s long list of modifications include:
- Livernois Motorsports In-House CNC LSA Cylinder Heads
- Livernois Stage 2C High Lift Camshaft
- Livernois Exclusive Heat Exchanger
- Livernois Supercharger Pulley
- Livernois Dual Fuel Pump Upgrade
- Rotofab/Livernois Cold Air Intake
- Stainless Works Longtube Headers and Offroad Connection Pipe
- Mickey Thompson 305/35/20 Street Radials
- Livernois Motorsports Dyno Tune (Livernois Specific Engine and Transmission Tuning)
Livernois has the ZL1 listed for sale at a price of $69,000; a bargain if you consider that the car’s original MSRP was almost $60,000 and that the car now has over $15,000 of parts and labor wrapped up in it. Plus, how cool would it be to be able to say that you own the very first ZL1 in the 9’s?
For more info, give Rick LeBlanc at Livernois a call at 313-561-5500, extension 106.