New from Improved Racing – a trap door oil conversion for C5 Corvettes. These inserts provide effective, track-proven protection against oil starvation for a variety of racing disciplines. See more details below.
The GM LS family small blocks are prone to oil starvation at high Gs, especially at higher RPMs where oil aeration and windage is more prevalent. Proper oil pan baffling is critical for improving oil control and reducing oil starvation in these engines.
Improved Racing’s C5 Corvette trap-door inserts provide very effective, track-proven protection against oil starvation for road racing, drifting, autocross, drag racing and even off-roading and rock crawling. The inserts employ directional trap doors to keep oil around the pump pickup and provides vastly improved oil control for the C5 Corvette two-piece “bat-wing” oil pan. These inserts are sufficient to prevent oil pressure drops at up to 1.4 sustained lateral G’s in most vehicles.
The inserts take minimal time and effort to install due to the later model C5 Corvette’s modular oil pan design. Simply drain the oil, remove the bottom half of the oil pan and snap-in the inserts to enjoy improved oil control.
The optional Oil pan gasket kit includes a new OEM lower oil pan gasket (part number 12562020). It is recommended that this component be replaced when installing in a used oil pan.
- Track-proven to prevent oil starvation at up to 1.4 sustained lateral G’s
- Directional trap door inserts completely enclose the oil pump pickup for maximum protection against oil starvation at high Gs
- 100% snap-in, no modifications necessary. Does not require removal of oil pan or engine.
- Reduces the risk of oil starvation when oil levels are low
- Works with the factory cast aluminum oil pan, which is considered a structural member of the engine block and is less prone to failure or leaking than aftermarket sheet metal pans
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA