New from Summit – they are now offering Trans-Dapt Swap-in-a-Box Complete Engine Swap Kits. These kits are specifically engineered to make engine swaps quick and easy. See more details below.
Back in the olden days, doing most engine swaps required a lot of work before you even turned a wrench. It’s a different world today. Swap kits are readily available for putting all sorts of engines into all sorts of vehicles. Take Trans-Dapt’s Swap-in-a-Box Complete Engine Swap Kits. Trans-Dapt got together with Hedman Headers and Hamburger’s Performance Products to engineer kits that make engine swaps easy-peasy.
Many kits also include a transmission crossmember and mount pad for an automatic or manual transmission. But the biggest choice you’ll have to make is which headers you want—shorty, mid-length, or full length; steel, stainless steel, silver or black ceramic-coated; primary diameter—the whole nine yards.
Summit Racing has Trans-Dapt Swap-in-a-Box Complete Engine Swap Kits for GM LS, small block Chevy, and small block Ford engines. There are 72 kits just for LS engine swaps alone, and 42(!) kits for plopping a small block Chevy in a Chevy or GMC S-series truck based on engine year and header choice. Sheesh, that’s a lot.
- 1967-81 Camaro and Firebird
- 1964-72 GM A-body
- 1968-74 Nova
- 1978-88 GM A- and G-body
- 1967-87 Chevy/GMC C10 pickup
- 1982-2005 Chevy S-10 pickup and Blazer
- 1976-86 Jeep CJ5 and CJ7
Small Block Chevy
- 1982-2005 Chevy S-10 pickup and Blazer including 4WD models
- 1972-86 Jeep CJ5, CJ6, CJ7
Small Block Ford
- 1983-97 Ranger pickup 2WD
- Hamburger’s engine swap oil pan and pickup
- Hedman swap headers depending on application
- Trans-Dapt motor mounts and pads
- Required gaskets and hardware