Mark your calendars, and get those cars ready, the National Street Rod Association is having their 50th Anniversary bash in Louisville, Kentucky, August 1st-4th, 2019. It’s one of the biggest kahuna hot rod events of the season, and Rod Authority will be on the ground with full coverage through the weekend! Even better, NSRA will be giving away two really cool cars, a 1932 Ford Roadster built by Johnson’s Hot Rod Shop and a 1971 Chevrolet Nova built by Reisinger Custom Rebuilding. While the giveaway cars are exciting and alluring, they are just one element of this big kahuna show.
According to NSRA, “Over 10,000 street rods, customs, muscle cars and street machines will be on hand at the Kentucky Expo Center this summer as theNational Street Rod Association presents its 50th Annual Street Rod Nationals. The dates for the city’s largest vintage car show will be August 1, 2, 3, 4, 2019.
“This will be the 25th time the NSRA Street Rod Nationals has been held in Louisville and an all-time-high number of participants and spectators are expected this year. Almost all of the Kentucky Expo Center will be utilized for the event as well as many of the buildings, which will house over 350 manufacturer and dealer displays and other attractions.”
We’ve been to the show before and love this part of the country. Louisville, Kentucky, is green and clean with an easy Southern town pace. The Expo Fairgrounds are huge and will be filled to capacity with custom cars and hot rods of all stripes. If you didn’t already know, all vehicles, pre-1989 are encouraged to attend. This is great for bringing together all generations of hot rod fans and the increasing variety of rods and customs.
There is something for everyone here too, whether its Women’s World which offers great shopping and crafts for the gals, as well swap meets, Commercial Exhibitors, and great music.
- On Thursday, come in, sit down, and enjoy music by country music artist Megan Stout from 11:00am-12:30pm, country singer Garrett Biggs from 1:00pm-2:30pm, and no frills rock-n-roll from the Steve Sizemore Group from 3:00pm-5:00pm.
- Friday – listen to country music from Katie Mac from 11:00am- 2:30pm, Clark & Joey will be on stage singing everything from Jimmy Buffet to Willie Nelson from 1:00pm-2:30pm, and Shotgun Serenade singing southern rock and pop from 3:00pm-5:00pm.
- Saturday – Shotgun Serenade is back singing 90’s country, classic rock, and today’s country hits from 11:00am-12:30pm, then Emerald City an acoustic duo from Louisville will provide country, classic rock, R&B, and 90’s tunes from 1:00pm-2:30pm. Next up is The Newbees from 3:30pm to 5:00pm, bringing you their original pop energy and rock-n-roll music.
- To finish off Saturday’s entertainment, starting at 5:30pm till 8:00pm, the Lohden Boys will bring their four-part harmony with everything from Johnny Cash to Michael Jackson, to top off your street rodding weekend.
On Saturday from 11:00am to 3:00pm there will be free food served in the big top tent provided by sponsors, Kentucky Exposition Center, Levy’s Restaurants, and Kentucky Tourism.
Now about those giveaway cars…
Here are the rules for winning these two cars. According to NSRA, “Every year at this time, we get a lot of questions about how do you win a giveaway car at the NSRA Street Rod Nationals? Below, are the guidelines for winning one of the two giveaway cars this year. Very simple and unchanged for 38 years. The rules are also listed in the official SRN souvenir event guide you receive at registration.
To be eligible:
- You MUST be a registered Street Rod Nationals Participant.
- You MUST be present at the drawing.
- Your vehicle MUST be on the fairgrounds at the time of the drawing, and registered in YOUR name.
- You will be REQUIRED to show identification and proof of ownership at the time of verification.
- Decision of the NSRA officials will be final.
- To register for the event and to have a chance of winning win one of the two cars this year, click here:
Here are the hours and other logistics
Event Registration Hours:
- Wednesday, July 31st, – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, August 1st – 9 a. m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, August 2nd, – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, August 3rd,- 9 am. To 2 p.m
Even though you may not be in your rod, everyone is welcome to attend the event. Bring the whole family for a day at the Kentucky Exposition Center. Spectator gate hours will be:
- Thursday, August 1st, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 2nd, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 3rd, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. from 8:00
- Sunday, August 4th, from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
StreetKhana(AutoCross NSRA Style) will be taking place on Thursday, August 1st, Friday, August 2nd, and Saturday, August 3rd.
Spectator admission will be: $19.00 – 13 years old and older/ $6.00 –Children 6 through 12.
FREE – Children 5 and under when accompanied by an adult.
A special discounted $17.00 admission is available for military personnel with proper military identification. NSRA members with their current membership card or anyone 60 years of age and older. One discounted admission per person.
Discounted tickets will be available at your local O’Reilly Auto Parts Stores. Although everyone will enjoy the spectacular vehicles as well as the vehicles’ owners there are other activities the family will enjoy. Here are a few additional activities on the list: the Commercial Exhibitors, Swap Meet, Women’s World (exhibitors with items that will interest women as well as men and children).