New from Real Deal Steel – the 1967-69 Camaro & Firebird Enlarged Transmission Tunnel. This tunnel creates clearance for popular late model GM transmissions. See more details below.
Installing one of the many late-model GM automatics in a first-generation Camaro requires extensive metal work to the transmission tunnel to accomodate the larger transmissions.
We are the primary distributor of a custom metal panel that eliminates the need for hand-forming your own. This modification creates clearance for these GM models: 4L60, 4L80, 6L80 and 6L90. The larger tunnel can be installed in any ’67-’69 Camaro or Firebird and is available as an upgrade on any of our reproduction bodies.
- Custom New Steel 16-Gauge Tunnel
- Comes Fully Formed, Welded And Ready To Install
- Enlarged Nearly 2″ To Allow Easy Installation Of GM 4L60, 4L80, 6L80, 6L90 Transmissions
- Also Works With The GM 8L And 10L Series Transmissions
- Designed For Use With Stock Firewall
- Requires Cutting, Welding And Fabrication Skills To Install
- 37″ Overall Length
- Stock Front Bench Seat May Require Modification To Fit In Tunnel Area – Bucket Seats OK!
- Will Work With Stock Console