The SEMA show is a huge gathering of all things automotive, and if you have a car in the show and get acknowledged in a sea of hot rods, your car is something special. Each year, Chevrolet chooses several cars from the expanse of Bow Ties and bestows special awards to the owners. These annual awards provide an opportunity to be recognized in one of six distinct categories for showcasing Chevrolet products with thoughtful styling and elite craftsmanship. The winning vehicles are hand-selected by Chevrolet designers at the SEMA show.
“It was truly an honor to participate in the selection of the Chevrolet Design Award winners at this year’s SEMA show, said Rich Scheer, Director of Design, Chevrolet Trucks and Global Accessories. “It’s incredible to see so many unique and innovatively designed builds of Chevrolet cars and trucks on the floor. We had a difficult decision in awarding the best of the best, but we celebrate the individuals and companies whose efforts really stood out.”
With More than fifty entries vying for recognition in 2018, Rich and his team personally evaluated each one, on-site at the show. The winning builders were honored with a newly redesigned trophy and conceptualized in Chevrolet’s design studios to embody GM’s passion for automotive styling.
Congratulations to all of the Chevrolet SEMA Design Award winners from SEMA 2018!
Posted by Chevrolet Performance on Thursday, November 1, 2018
We wish to congratulate each of this year’s winners:
- Best Use of Chevy Performance Crate Engine: 1970 Chevelle from the Roadster Shop
- Best Use of Chevy Performance Parts & Accessories: 1968 C10 from Creative Rod & Kustom
- Chevy SEMA Classic of the Year: 1942 Pickup from Big Oak Garage
- Chevy SEMA Designers Choice: 1981 K2500 from HS Customs
- Chevy SEMA Truck of the Year: 1956 Pickup from Premier Street Rod Parts
- Chevy SEMA Car of the Year: 1958 Corvette from Heartland Customs