Yenko Chevrolet is legendary worldwide, but unfortunately, met its demise nearly 30 years ago. After a long slumber, the name has been reincarnated with a C7 Corvette as its starting point.
If you’re not familiar with Yenko, here’s a brief backstory to bring you up to speed.
Yenko Chevrolet was a Bow Tie dealership located at 575 West Pike Street in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, back in the day.
In business from 1949 until 1982, the dealership became famous for selling customized Chevrolets in the late 1960s. Referred to today as “Yenkos,” they are among the most sought after vehicles from the golden era of horsepower.
Fast forward to today and the Yenko name, now used under license from owner General Marketing Capital Incorporated has been jolted our of hibernation. Building the new cars is Specialty Vehicle Engineering, and they’ve just pull the sheet of their Yenko 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport.
Recently, at a Classic Industries open house, SVE took the wraps off their reincarnated Yenko and we were there to see it. Members of the media huddled around the building where a familiar shape was visible beneath an opaque black car cover. David Hamburger, the Vice President of Specialty Vehicle Engineering, introduced himself and set the stage for a big unveiling.
When the curtain was pulled back, a very black, very nasty 800hp C7 Yenko Corvette was revealed. With 20 Yenko badges, Hugger Orange stripes and dozens of boutique touches, the car is darn near bespoke. Although you can have your Yenko Corvette built in any Chevy factory color, SVE will make a total of only 50 examples.
Here’s A list Of The Extensive Mods And Equipment From SVE:
- Custom-built 416 C.I.D. LT-1 engine w/aluminum block, forged 4340-steel crankshaft and H-beam rods, forged aluminum pistons, CNC ported and polished LT-1 cylinder heads, LT-4 fuel system and injectors*
- Custom supercharger
- YENKO 800HP Supercharged machined into the top supercharger top
- Custom performance tune
- Cast aluminum quad exhaust tip with brushed aluminum face and YENKO Supercharged machined in
- sYc® hood, roof, decklid and side stripe graphics with matching painted hood grille *Hugger Orange *Gloss Black1 *Silver1 *Corvette Racing Yellow *White *Red *Satin Black *Gray *Blue
- Available SVE stripe colors. All others are GM factory colors
- Diffuser fins (4) painted in Carbon Flash Metallic
- YENKO Supercharged fender and rear fascia badges
- 800HP hood cowl and rear fascia badges
- YENKO 800HP Supercharged billet aluminum door sills with vehicle build number
- YENKO crest embroidered premium floor mats
- sYc® embossed seat headrests
- sYc® embossed door panels
- YENKO crest steering wheel applique
- YENKO crest seat trim applique (available on Competition Sport seats only)
- YENKO Supercharged center console power badge with vehicle build number
- YENKO Supercharged key fobs (2) with vehicle build number
- Faux leather bound portfolio, owner’s manual, window sticker, manufacturer’s certificate of origin
- 3 year/36,000 mile (60,000 kilometer) engine and supercharger assembly limited warranty
- 3 year/36,000 mile (60,000 kilometer) non-powertrain component limited warranty
You can get ordering info at, Specialty Vehicle Engineering (SVE) or from Chevrolet .
Classic Industries is America’s first choice and the industry leader in performance and restoration parts for most American classic cars. Go here for more details.